Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Commuter Challenge

I just found this results page after a friend asked me what you get when you google my name. Well, that was one of the things.

Aren't we cool? I rode 88 miles that last day trying to beat those Bulldog guys and a few of our members were riding 8 miles daily, so it was bringing down their average. I say good for us, though, because the point of the competition is to raise more awareness for alternative transportation. Biking to work was normal for me, but it wasn't for most of the people on our team. We had a lot of people and we got more people riding to work than probably any other team. In the future, teams should be incented to include anyone and everyone, whether their commute is a mile of 50.

That said, it would have been cool to win, but we made a good showing.

I hope some of those people are still riding their bikes to work. What a great bunch of competitors that team was.

No comments: