Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Staubio Wins the Drag!

In what was hopefully just another run-of-the-mill dress up in drag and race your bike in the East Crossroads kinda night, I raced my beautiful new fixie to victory in the KC Drag Races.

Good times.

It is a drag race, you see, so you are to wear drag. I didn't have time, so I had to compete in more races. Basically, there is a "normally dressed" division that then goes on to race those in drag. I'm sorry I missed out on the dress up, though some of my friends are indeed quite sexy in dresses.

The brackets were split by single speed and geared bicycles. I won the single speed division after two incredibly close races and then went on to race the geared winner, who I beat for the grand championship.

My new bike now sports my winnings: a bright yellow feather boa. Sweet, huh?

You can find some of Vlad's pictures here

***
In other racing news, it all comes down to October 30th, the final race of the series in Manhattan, KS. A top 3 finish ahead of the points leader would get it done. Anything less... well, won't.

Perhaps I'll show up in drag for that one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome... I didn't finish dead last in the series! :-) Good job this year man. There's not too many guys that can go Expert and be in a dead heat for the series title at the end of their first year.

Next year you've got to plan on coming out to the desert and hitting some races out there with me. There's the 24 Hours of Old Pueblo in February, Wiskey Run later in the spring, and the Soul Ride Hundy in the fall which I'm going to miss by a few weeks this year. And yes... That is a 3,000', 10+ mile descent at the start of the race :-)