Monday, May 02, 2005

Is it a dream?

Holy crap, I'm in heaven. The good people at Acme Bicycle Company, which has got to be the coolest shop on the planet, are bringing us a festival-like alley kat bike race in the heart of the city. We're talking about an alley race, scavenger hunt and various side shows, like the track stand competition I'm jazzed for. This is going to be fun.

There is a swap meet the next day. There is also a Midwest Fat Tire Series race on Sunday, 275 miles from home. Why do all the cool things happen at the same time? It would have made sense to go early and pre-ride, or stay late and ride more. This is supposed to be an epic trail. Will it be worth it if I only go to race? Will anyone come with me if I stay around for another day or two? Do I want to go alone? Dare I skip yet another series race and jeopordize my point standings?

I ask lots of questions.

I have two goals this season. One is to win Rapture in Misery. The other is to win the series as an expert. Playing around with an alley cat race wasn't one of them, but it sounds far more enjoyable and suited for me than the others.

So, goals or fun like I didn't even know I could have? Oh, the places the bike can go.

1 comment:

Fresno Mirrors said...

Hi thannks for sharing this