Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Voinovich is a pansy

It has been since "Time, Love and Tenderness" that we last dealt with a Bolton this vile. Bush's nomination to serve as ambassador to the UN, John Bolton, is headed to the Senate for a full vote, where even some Republicans think he really, really sucks.

Ohio Senator George Voinovich gets my nomination to be ambassador of the idealistically challenged, though. He calls Bolton "the poster child of what someone in the diplomatic corps should not be." He got that right.

Does that sound like a guy that would later vote to send this dude on to the full Senate for a vote? Well, you see, he got what I'm sure was a very cordial call from the President, which apparantly made him humble.

"I'm not so arrogant to think that I should impose my judgment on my colleagues. We owe it to the president to give Mr. Bolton an up or down vote on the floor of the United States Senate," Voinovich said.

Hey, Voinavich, imposing your opinion is your job! That is what the committee does.

"I have every faith in my colleagues," Voinovich said. "No one's really excited about him going to the United Nations."

If that is the case, why waste our time with the full vote? You bailed, man. I hope the President sends you a Christmas card this year. You earned it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree... this guy should be relegated to the 99-cent bargain bin of windbag diplomats. Somehow I don't think sending someone to yell and scream at underlings is going to effect change in the U.N. or anywhere else. Bush may be wondering "How Am I Supposed to Live Without You", but I think the U.N. and the rest of the world will manage. Time for this Bolton to spend a few years "Sittin' On the Dock of the Bay" wasting time far away from NYC.